Seasonal Melodii

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the main forum for Seasonal Melodii's Fandubbing Community!

Seasonal Melodii's BLOG http://seasonalmelodii.blogspot.com/

Okamase Guardian (Guardian4) Lines Needed!
School Days (Guardian4) Lines Needed!
Onna ni Sachi Are (Morning Musume) Lines Needed!

Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai (Berryz Kobou) Lines Needed!

Co.No.Mi.Chi (Buono!) Lines Needed!

Icy Sparkles (Vocaloid) DEBUTING!

Winter Carols' A Side Planning in Session! Naruto!

Winter Carols' B Side Planning in Session! Shugo Chara!

Everyday Zekkouchou (C-ute) MIXING!

2 posters

New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need

o0SweetFunshine0o
    o0SweetFunshine0o
    Admin

Group(s) Joined :
    • Spring
    • Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter

Female Join date : 2009-08-20

New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need Empty New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need

Post by o0SweetFunshine0o Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:25 pm

For everyone, there will always be a first time. The first time you breathed, the first time you ran, and the first time you recorded a fandub.

In case if this is your first time, or if you would like to review after living under a rock for so long, here's a checklist of some of the most important things you will need to know to start off/continue a successfull and happy career in non-profit fandubbing.

What you will need:
    :arrow: A computer
    :arrow: A voice recorder (NOT A CAMERA!)
    :arrow: Internet Service
    :arrow: A set of earphones you can connect into your computer
    :arrow: A voice (hopefully your own)

Programs you will use:
    :!: Audacity
    :!: Mediafire

Vocabulary for the Recorder:
    :?: A Cappella = "without music accompaniment". To sing a cappella (which you will be doing EVERY TIME) means to record your voice, and only your voice. This is where your earphones comes in handy.

:?: Lines = The lyrics in a song that you are in charge of. All lyrics for H!P fandubs comes from www.projecthello.com (where lyrics are colour-coded according to singers) unless otherwise stated in the forum. All anime lyrics are colour-coded by hand and will be posted on the forums.

:?: Deadline = The last day allowed for you to submit your part of the fandub. Please try to send in your lines as soon as possible so we can start mixing earlier. All deadlines will be posted on the "CALENDAR" section of this website. Check frequently to see if you have a deadline approching. ALL lines submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. A substitue will cover the lines that you missed, and you will not be included in the finished product of the fandub. If this happens too often, you will be "GRADUATED" from the fandub group, meaning you will not be able to participate in future fandubs.

Steps:
    1. If you haven't already, start by downloading Audacity for recording your voice. Audacity can be downloaded free here: www.audacity.sourceforge.net

2. Make sure your microphone is working. Connect your earphones to the computer, click record in the Audacity window, start your music, and start singing! (NOTE: sing only the lines you have been given. The amount of these lines can vary depending on your position in the song.)

3. When you are done recording, click on "FILE" on the top left of the Audacity window, and click "EXPORT". in the drop-down menu. Set the export to "MP3 FILE". THis allows you to change your fandub file into MP3 format, which helps us when we mix.

4. Upload the finished product onto MediaFire. Create a MediaFire account if you have not already and upload your part of the fandub. Then post the link to your upload onto the right thread in the forums.

If all fails, you can always leave a post in this thread. We will do our best to help you through thick and thin.
    Jrocknpoppingirl
    Jrocknpoppingirl

Group(s) Joined :
    • Summer

Female Join date : 2010-01-28

New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need Empty help me plz!

Post by Jrocknpoppingirl Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I am having difficulties with Audacity and saving exporting the MP3...i go to file, Export MP3, and when i click save after entering my file name, it says "Audacity does not export MP3 files directly, but instead uses the freely available LAME library to handle MP3 file encoding. You must obtain lame_enc.dll seperately, by downloading the LAME MP3 encoder, and then locate this file for Audacity. You only need to do this once. would you like to locate lame_enc.dll now?" and when i click yes, it pops up file search thing that already found a file titled lame_enc and i click open and a message saying "Could not open MP3 encoding library!" pops up. i have tried this 3 or 4 times and i keep on getting the same result. i will try a few things on my own but i don't really know what to do. help please!!!
    ♥️Smoochies!!!♥️
    Jrocknpoppingirl
    Jrocknpoppingirl

Group(s) Joined :
    • Summer

Female Join date : 2010-01-28

New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need Empty Re: New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need

Post by Jrocknpoppingirl Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

never mind my dilemma, i figured it out! i had mis-downloaded the file before.
    ♥️Smoochies!!!♥️
    o0SweetFunshine0o
    o0SweetFunshine0o
    Admin

Group(s) Joined :
    • Spring
    • Summer
    • Autumn
    • Winter

Female Join date : 2009-08-20

New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need Empty Re: New? Here's a CHECKLIST of what you need

Post by o0SweetFunshine0o Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:49 pm

@ Jrocknpoppingirl

Now thats what I call fast thinking! =P You didn't even give me a chance to reply! XD

I'm glad to hear that the problem is solved =D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:36 am